Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Fanart Paper Dolls

My husband & my oldest son love Phineas & Ferb on Disney.  A while back, I made a paper doll based on the show.  I've never really made fanart before -- I have too many ideas of my own to keep up with as it is! But this was just too cute to pass up.  The first doll is Phineas & Ferb's older sister Candace.  I posted it on my deviantART page, where it generated a tiny bit (and I do mean tiny!!) of buzz.  So I made another doll based on the show, Dr. Doofenshmirtz, the show's antagonist.  I decided to post the dolls here as well as deviantART.  These are fanart, so I don't own the copyright to the characters.  They're here for personal use only.

Since this site is about the process of making dolls, here's an outline of how they were created.  I took stills from the show (using Netflix on my computer) as a reference.  I drew the doll and outfits in pencil, inked them with an archival pen, scanned them, and, finally, outlined & colored them in Adobe Illustrator.

Candace, in three pages:


Dr. Doofenshmirtz, in four pages:




There may be more outfits to come for both dolls as the show continues.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment