Monday, April 1, 2013

Watercolor Paper Doll

I don't have a lesson for today, and there are several reasons for that.  First, I have a cold and I just plain hate being sick. Boo.  Second, Easter weekend was crazy busy.  My family, my husband's family, etc.  Not a lot of time left over for paper dolls.  Third, for anyone who doesn't know this, I'm an amateur genealogist.  I love history, and what's more interesting than family history?  For our anniversary, my husband bought me a 6 month membership to ancestry.com and it expires this week.  So in classic fashion, I'm doing a bit of a research cram session.  Sure, my library has access but I'm kinda lazy and who knows when I'll get over there.  So... Instead of a lesson today, I have a paper doll you can download.



Let me just give you this disclaimer: this doll is imperfect.  I have done very little editing or cleaning up.  This doll is old, too.  I did two versions of this doll - one on a cream colored watercolor paper and one on sharp white watercolor paper.  The cream version did not make the cut.  Both versions date from 2005 and come before my Goddess and Fairy paper dolls.  At the time, I was working full-time, working on my Bachelor's full-time, and doing very little else.  These dolls were a stress release.  It's watercolor on paper, with a bit of colored pencil.  Enjoy!

I'll have a doll up on Friday.  I'm hoping to do an overview of some new watercolors I just bought for Monday but I can't promise that I will.  Aside from everything else I have going on, I'm helping with a good friend's baby shower (yay!!) and that's just two weeks away.  I'm also going to learn some new software (new to me anyway) and share that in the upcoming weeks & months.  I'll try to keep everyone posted on my progress.  For now, enjoy the doll!

4 comments:

  1. They're all nice! I especially like the daisy dress. I'm so sorry you're sick though! I was sick last week and it wasn't pleasant either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the kind words :) I'm a bit of a drama queen when it comes to having a cold!! The daisy dress is one of my favorites, too. The second outfit on the first page is the reason I made this set. It's a jean jacket based on one my mom had in high school & then I got to wear it when I was in high school. To this day, it sits in a closet in my house even though it's nearly 40 years old and at least 3 sizes too small!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this doll. thank you, karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I still really like this doll, too. I often think of going back & refreshing it. The anatomy is off a little, but the outfits are fun.

      Delete