Thursday, July 11, 2013

Brief Updates during Vacation

My husband is on vacation this week so we've been having a blast with the kids.  I won't have a doll up tomorrow or a lesson on Monday -- it's a vacation! I'm not working on stuff.... :) Ok, we all know I'm working on stuff, but it isn't ready yet.

First, I made my first sale on Etsy!   If you haven't seen it yet, there are customizable paper dolls at my Etsy shop, PaperJanes.  There's a sample doll below (feel free to print it out!).  I'm pretty happy about it and (finally) plan on updating the shop.



Secondly, I'm experimenting with CafePress.  I sold prints, etc, of my fine art there ages ago and thought it was time to check out what I could do with paper dolls.


CafePress has an official Star Trek fan art portal and I submitted the Star Trek paper dolls.  I'm selling them through a dedicated CafePress shop, Stellar Paper Dolls.  There are framed and unframed prints available.  Don't worry -- the 10 page PDF is still available here to print out for FREE at home.  The prints from CafePress are great and I know I would have loved one as a birthday present!

Third, I'm still working on the Spring Semester 2013 Paper Doll School yearbook paper doll.  I'll let everyone know when it's ready to go.

That's it for updates at the moment.  I'm working on the PaperJanes, another Star Trek doll set, an OPDAG submission, as well as a couple of other top secret projects.  I'm even thinking about making a Jem and the Holograms doll!!  As always, I'd love suggestions for lessons or doll themes.


3 comments:

  1. Haha! I made some Jem outfits for a doll a long while ago...they were some of my favorites clothes I ever made.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhh, it's lovely to visit this blog after a long absence and see all the great work you are doing!

    love your foray back into acrylics too, by the way. the computer stuff is very nice, but nothing will ever take the place of a hand-painted artifact and all the character of the artist who renders it.

    : D

    ReplyDelete
  3. K, I think this week's Fashion Friday doll is going to be an '80s inspired one. I recently grabbed some rad repeating patterns for Illustrator.

    LookingLand, I want to get a little bit back to my "traditional" roots. I love traditional and computer art almost equally, but I've been itching to get my hands dirty. Monday I'll be posting an anatomy lesson that I've been thinking about for a while. And I'm glad you like the acrylics! It's pretty obvious that I'm rusty, but everything gets better with practice :)

    ReplyDelete