Friday, September 20, 2013

Fashion Friday - Elise

This week's doll is another weather-inspired one.  It's just starting to feel like fall (or autumn, if you like) here in New England.  For anyone who hasn't been here before, this is the time to come.  I love foliage season, in part because I'm a native Vermonter and in part because I grew up in the White Mountains of New Hampshire.  Turning leaves, crisp air -- even the rampant tourists don't bother me!

So today's doll is inspired by autumn.  The pattern I used is another one of my creations.  The newest version of Illustrator makes pattern making so simple that I'm tempted to upgrade just for that!   Also, I know I've done this yellowy/mustardy leather before.  I kinda love it and I'm not sure why!

And this doll is named for a series of books I've been reading by a young author, S.M. Reine.  If you're a fan of Buffy the Vampire Slayer or urban fantasy with chicks, check it out.  One of her characters is named Elise, and I love that name.  (Although my Elise is VERY different than hers!!)

Here's this weeks doll.  Still struggling with a lesson idea.  We'll see what I come up with.  Suggestions are always welcome :)







No comments:

Post a Comment