Saturday, December 21, 2013

Kawaii Kids #20 & 21

Today is another double post.  I was traveling yesterday and couldn't post.  We went to see my father's parents in one of the far corners of Vermont.  We don't get up there often enough & it was nice to see them.

And the trip inspired today's dolls.  The first is a country themed doll.  I'm an '80s kid and my mom was totally into Little House on the Prairie & all of the faux country/prairie trends of the '70s and '80s.  So the first doll is influenced by that.

The second is a cowboy doll.  As a kid, we listened to John Denver's Christmas album til we broke it!  We owned it on record, tape, and CD as a result.  So these dolls come from that.

I've got a few more dolls I'll be posting.  This 30 doll project was much harder than I anticipated, but I'm going to see it through! Enjoy today's dolls....!





Also - please don't laugh too loudly at my cowboy hats!  I know how silly they look :)

No comments:

Post a Comment