Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Kawaii Wednesdays - Birds & Hearts

It's been a busy week around here!  My sons have been a little stir crazy lately and entertaining them has taken up most of my time.  I love playing with them, but I'm feeling a little stir crazy too! I think spring has finally come to New England so it's time to get out the outdoor toys & spend our days in the yard.

And that's part of how this doll came to be.  The theme for this doll is birds & hearts.  I wanted a primitive, folk art kind of feel to the motif.  I've been drawing a lot more directly in Illustrator and these are the result.  I'm shopping for a new computer, so if there are any artists/designers out there with suggestions, I'd love to hear them! Part of me wants a computer I can draw directly on, and part of me wants a massive screen -- I don't think I can have both.  Anyway..... Here's the doll!


No comments:

Post a Comment