Monday, December 22, 2014

December Paper Doll - Outfit 11 in Green

A million years ago (ok, probably like 20 years ago....), I had an amazing art teacher.  She became my art teacher in 7th grade and molded me into the artist I am through out high school.  One thing that she strongly advocated was the ability to self-critique one's own work.  I still carry a self-evaluation work sheet around with me from her classes!

I think as a creative (whatever your creative vocation may be), it's important to look at your own art objectively, to truly see your own mistakes and triumphs.  Every set of paper dolls that I make has a strongest and weakest outfit.  My goal is to make sure that the strongest and weakest outfits aren't too far apart in quality.  This, to me, is the weakest outfit set in the bunch.  Not that it's bad, really, just not amazing.  The pattern is interesting, but the colors are bland.  I wasn't thrilled with the outfit to begin with, and coloring it didn't help much.

It just ended up being a little bland.

The equally bland red version is tomorrow, with some better outfits and a pdf coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment