Tuesday, December 23, 2014

December Paper Doll - Outfit 11 in Red

I mentioned yesterday that this outfit set was a bit bland.  And it is.  The red version is slightly better than the green version, I think.

I'm not sure exactly what I don't like about this set.  It was supposed to be a sort of Victorian inspired vest & pants set.  It just fell a little flat.

When I start a paper doll, I try to create more outfits than I think I'll use in order to weed out the weakest one.  I typically shoot for 12 to 15 outfits per doll, especially if I'm creating a book since there's a page minimum to reach.  Even still, it's important to create draft after draft to get it right.  The Goddess paper doll that I published took years to get right.  Even now, there's part of me that would like to do it over again because I've come so far.  But if I continually recreated old projects, there would never be time for new ones!

Tomorrow's outfit is a bit more fun!

One more thing.  It's my husband's birthday, so happy birthday.  You're the anchor who let's me be creative!!

No comments:

Post a Comment