Tuesday, December 30, 2014

December Paper Doll - Outfit 15 in Green

It's the last day of the year.  Time to party, time to reflect, and time to plan for the next year.  I'm not sure what's next for this blog.  I have some ideas for things I'd like to work on, of course.  How much will get accomplished.... I dunno.

This dress seemed like a nice way to end the series.  It's vaguely Victorian inspired.  I think "Victorian" is often associated with Christmas. That nostalgic, warm & fuzzy kind of feeling.  It's sort of wholesome and beautiful and popular.

The outlines for this outfit, like so many in this set, felt really uninspired.  What really makes this set great, in my opinion, are the textures and colors.  The skirt was a public domain image from Wikimedia Commons and it was just about exactly what I envisioned.

The last outfit in the series posts tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. It's lovely. Reminds me of Dickensonian (is that a work?) carolers. Beautiful work. I've really been enjoying this series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're right, it does have a Dickens kind of feel. If "Dickensonian" isn't a word, it is now! This has been a very fun series for me and I appreciate the positive reception its had!

      Delete