Sunday, December 6, 2015

December Paper Doll -- Mrs Claus, Outfit 2

Sorry about the out-of-sequence posting.  This is what happens when I try to post too far in advance, I guess.

Today we'll finish up the whimsical costumes with Mrs Claus and get back in sequence on Monday.

I can't believe I skipped over this one considering how cute it is!  One of the nice things about working in vector is that I can use & reuse parts for older projects without any loss of resolution. I developed some curls for a doll ages ago and I haven't drawn them again since!  I copy & recolor the curls and it's a huge time saver.  And I love those curls, so I use them every chance I get!

I'll try to be more careful about posting in sequence now.... We'll finish up with a cowgirl Mrs Claus tomorrow and a new set of costumes on Monday.  You can right-click and save these images, and then grab the pdf at the end.

If you're looking for the dolls, you can grab them here.
 

5 comments:

  1. her little hair thingies are awesome.

    i love coming here in the morning with my hot tea and seeing the Christmas outfit of the day ~ thank you for such a cool holiday gift!

    : D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really appreciate that! December is SO crazy for most people, and so commercial, consumerist, etc, that I really enjoy doing this every year. It's a way for me to slow down and enjoy the month a little, but really, it's to show how grateful I am to all of the people who make this random little blog a part of their days.

      So thanks & enjoy! There's plenty more to come....

      And the hair thingies: took me two agonizing hours to get one single strand right. I never drew one again after that! I love Illustrator!

      Delete
    2. ha! that is definitely one of the beauties of doing digital!

      Delete
  2. Oh my, I've missed quite a few days of this. Time to get caught up. I love the bells and the mix of patterns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bells were a bit tricky but I'm happy with how they came out. I wanted a mix of patterns but keep it from getting super busy. It works fairly well.

      Delete