Saturday, December 26, 2015

December Paper Doll -- Santa Claus, Outfit 13

I hope everyone had a happy Christmas, or whatever you celebrate.  We're pretty secular around my house, truthfully.  This is the only time of year I miss the Church at all.  But it would be a bit hypocritical of me to go to midnight mass once a year for a faith I left ages ago.  I think the Church and all religion are fine institutions.  They just didn't offer what I was looking for.

On that note, here's a Holly King.

The Holly King is part of a Neopagan idea where two entities represent different aspects of nature.  The Holly King rules one half of the year, from Midsummer to the Winter Solstice while the Oak King rules the opposite half.  You can read more about it here.  As some of you may know, I've scheduled these posts ahead of time to free up my December so I can spend it with my family.  As I write this, the day is Yule, the Winter Solstice, where the Holly King reaches the height of his power again.  Seems appropriate to me!

You could also just call this another woodland Santa and I'd be ok with that, too.

If you're looking for the dolls, you can grab them here.

No comments:

Post a Comment