Friday, January 8, 2016

Fashion Friday - Jenna

The first fashion doll for this year is Jenna.  I used a floral motif that I developed for the Santa paper dolls in this set.  This year, I'm trying to move towards more original outfits and fewer template based outfits.  One of my goals with the Santa dolls was to create all of the assets instead of finding them out in the world.  It was really satisfying & I want to keep that up.


I'm not entirely sure the glasses work.  Also, this kinda looks like a hip Velma to me.  Maybe it's just because my kids have been watching Scooby Doo lately.  They're a little retro like that....

There will be an Illustrator tutorial on Monday and I'm working on some sketches for a tween paper doll.  Let me know what you think!

4 comments:

  1. oh i love that orangey top/jacket thing.

    and i think the glasses look great!

    : D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the top, too. I've been using Pinterest to collect inspiration & that's where I got the idea. I call Pinterest "research" and my husband calls it a "waste of time". We are probably both a little right!!

      Delete
  2. yes, it's all research! i've been wistfully clicking through pictures of David Bowie all morning...for research.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so shocked to hear about his death this morning. Could there be any more fashionable couple than Iman and David Bowie?! There's a paper doll set that would be awesome! Speaking of.... there are loads of great Bowie paper dolls out there. I may be doing some "research" later myself!

      Delete