Monday, April 25, 2016

Making of Mondays: Round 3 Beach Paper Dolls

It's easy to look at these sets and think they aren't very beach-y.  And that's somewhat true.  I have this grand vision consisting of a limited palette, nautical motifs, and beach backgrounds.  Once it comes together, I think it'll be more obvious.


Right-click to save & print

Part of the reason these sets don't look all that nautical is because they are missing color and pattern. I find that it's become so much more efficient to create patterns separately and add them in later, even when I work with traditional media.

I'll be fleshing out this set and coloring it in the next few weeks.  Let me know what you think of these preview black & white sets!

2 comments:

  1. I love her little bellbottoms and her ruffled shirt. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is one of those projects that I just can't get motivated about. And then I look at it and think I really should get going on it because it's kind of cute! That whole bellbottom set may very well inspire me to finish this paper doll. I really like how that came out, too!

      Delete