Friday, May 13, 2016

Toddler Fashion Friday - Daniel

Last week was awful in New England.  It was rainy or grey for DAYS! I lost track and had a serious case of the blahs.  So I forgot to post.  And honestly, I'd rather skip a post than put one up that's less than awesome.

This week, however, is awesome.


With the break in the weather this week, I was inspired to create a toddler boy with a nautical theme.  I think it's partly the guilt of not working on my nautical children paper doll set, too.  I just haven't been feeling it on that project & I'm hoping that'll turn around.

Lately, I've had lots of stuff going on.  Aside from taking care of the kids (in no particular order), I have been: attending genealogy lectures and working on my family history book, creating digital scrapbooks of my kiddos, starting my first new oil painting in 7 years, and developing a summer curriculum for my soon-to-be first grader and my 4 year old.  It's been busy and fun and I'm kinda loving it.  There are still more things I want to add to the list.  I need to do more than create paper dolls & the additional projects are helping me stay motivated.

One of the things I'm puttering with is pattern making and I just love the sailboat/anchor pattern on this set.  Because I did this in Illustrator, I had the flexibility to grab the anchor & sailboat from the nautical Santa set and repurpose them here.

Anyway, I hope you're all as excited about this new set as I am.  Let me know if you are :)

No comments:

Post a Comment