Friday, January 20, 2017

Tween Fashion Friday - Alexandra

I recently read a phrase that really resonated: art - no matter how small the audience - has value.  That's a paraphrase and not an exact quote, but like I said, it really spoke to me. This little blog is a reflection of what I believe.  I believe there's beauty and value in all people, of all colors, creeds, etc.  I want people to come to this site and find a paper doll that looks like them.  It's an on-going project and there are more kinds I've people I'd like to include. I'll keep creating for me and, hopefully, for you, too.

Today's paper doll has a cool toned winter wardrobe.  It isn't the most elaborate paper doll I've ever made, but I like the coat and I liked the pattern -- it's from my ever-expanding asset stash.


How are you liking the new Josephine series? I'm having so much fun creating it! As always, if there's something you'd like to see, let me know. I don't always get to every suggestion but I do try!

4 comments:

  1. Love the dress, it feels very 1970s retro to me. I agree- Art doesn't need a huge audience to be important. Which is good, because it ain't like paper dolls are ever going to be that popular with the masses. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, paper dolls will never be popular with the masses! And I'm fine with that. I don't really care how many people view my paper dolls. Ultimately, they're something I enjoy making. I just want to make sure that the art I create here and elsewhere is a reflection of what I believe, whether people like it or not!

      Delete
  2. if it's black and grey i will love it! nice work on the plaid ~ that's my favorite piece.

    as for audience, if you build it they will come. it's a line that's gotten kinda hackneyed over the years, but it's still true. : D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like grey & black, too. My own wardrobe is MUCH simpler than the paper doll one I create...

      I hope that if my art is of a reasonable quality & the message I have is a positive one, people will come and share it with me. And if anyone is offended by anything I make or say then well....that's ok, too.

      Delete