Friday, August 25, 2017

Paper DollCollaboration 2017 - Historical Fashion

First and foremost, I feel terrible about my sparse posting this summer.  It's been incredibly busy, which sounds like a really lame attempt at an excuse.  The good news is 1) school starts for my oldest on the 29th 2) school starts for my youngest September 5th and 3) I've reorganized my office/studio to be more efficient.  Hopefully, I'll spend more time in it!!

Today's post is supposed to be our favorite historical periods.  I can't say I have a favorite, so I used a recent field trip with my kiddos as inspiration: Old Sturbridge Village.


For all of you outside New England (or inside of it and unfamiliar), Old Sturbridge Village is a living history museum focused on the early 19th century, approximately 1790 to 1840 or so.  Last Friday (and the reason I missed my post) was the Highland Street Foundation Free Fun Friday at Old Sturbridge Village.  So the boys and I drove out there and spent the day.

They loved it. I loved it.  A good day was had by all!

And because of that trip, I have two dresses from about 1830, based on image from OSV's collection of artifacts.  The dress on the left is based on this one and the one on the right is based on this one.  I included only one bonnet, mainly because of space.

Be sure to visit Paper Thin Personas, Pop Culture and Paper Dolls, and Miss Missy for more outfits in this ongoing project!

2 comments:

  1. this is wonderful! nice to get two dresses instead of just one! the 30s are sort of a weird era to me. i find the hairstyles particularly hilarious. : D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I struggle with the 1830s, I confess. I think it's such a strange looking period, but I love that you picked it. I think sometimes it doesn't get enough love.

    ReplyDelete