Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Little Ladies: Outfit Sheet 2

So what did everyone think of the first wardrobe sheet? I liked drawing all the fussy details and I hope you all enjoyed it, too.  That's why I decided to keep these black & white this year - there's no way I could have drawn all the details on every set AND colored them and posted them on schedule.

Right-click to download and print

Today's set is based on this fashion plate from 1876.  Because these dolls are so starkly front facing, much of the awesome details I liked about my source material kind of get scrapped.  Oh well.  I like the pleats on both sets as a bit of a unifying element.

If I ever get around to coloring all of these, I'll go with a limited palette for maximum mix and match options.  If you're coloring at home, you might want to experiment with that, too!  And for more fashions, come back on December 7th! 

2 comments:

  1. I love the pleats! I agree that the 1870s are a tough era to draw from the front.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would like to draw a doll in profile sometime so I can draw all of the elaborate & unreal dress shapes through history! Maybe next year :)

      Delete