Friday, February 9, 2018

February Paper Doll - Set 1

I didn't really mean to start February quite so quietly here at the ol' blog but I've been dealing with some stuff.  My grandmother moved in with us this fall & had a pretty bad fall at the end of January.  She's fine but it's been a lot of back & forth to hospitals and rehab, etc, while assisting in her care.  We're eager to get her back home! So that's taken up some of my time.

The other reason it's been a bit quiet is because I decided to go big with this doodle-a-day paper doll project.  I'm going to draw a new doll for each month.  It's more work, but more work means more practice and that's a good thing!

I'm working from the February prompts from @ellolovey ( Instagram and Facebook).  This is the whole list if you'd like to follow along.


Right-click to download and print

Right-click to download and print

Just like the January set, this will have a limited color palette and everything should mix & match fairly well.  This sheet has the first three days: tiger, weather, and mail.  I'm hoping to get a bit caught up and further into the prompts over the weekend.  We'll see how that goes!




4 comments:

  1. I think this is such a neat project you have taken on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's a HUGE but immensely satisfying project. I hope I can stick to it all year!

      Delete
  2. maybe you can alternate the dolls each month. I really like January's doll.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking about having 4 dolls and each one gets 3 months. That feels like a nice mix to me :)

      Delete