Monday, February 26, 2018

February Paper Doll - Set 5

Here's the next set for the February doodle-a-day paper doll. I think by May these will go a bit faster.  Drawing the base doll is pretty time consuming & my 2018 has been off to a busy start.  My plan is to have 4 dolls in rotation so the January doll will come around again in May, etc. This is the first time I've ever tried a year-long project like this.  It's ambitious and scary and overwhelming...and exciting and fun and a real learning experience!


Right-click to download and print

I streamlined this set a bit.  Initially I thought I'd break the month into groups with 4 or so themes per sheet. That's a lot! This sheet has six themes and the final sheet (going up tomorrow or the first...) will have six themes, too. All of these sheets mix and match really well because of the limited color scheme.

For themes, I tackled: cafe (barista apron), "in your bag" with a camping backpack, four legs features a cat, royal is a gown & crown, tall was tough and I went with a long & lean jumpsuit, and finally bit was really challenging - that's a bit out there with a monster/reptile mouth and reddish sleeve.

The last sheet is well on its way. Tomorrow or the first maybe it should be up!



No comments:

Post a Comment